Thursday, August 29, 2013

Nothing left to hide.


J'ai besoin de simplicité.

Lorsque je regarde en arrière et observe mes premiers looks, je constate Ô combien les choses ont changées. Avant, j'avais ce besoin de créativité, de presque en faire des tonnes, des tenues travaillées dans le détail, avec une originalité telle qu'au final, je n'étais même plus à l'aise. Je me cherchais. Il fallait que je m'exprime.
Maintenant, je ne sais pas si c'est à cause de la chaleur qui nous pousse à adopter un certain minimalisme, ou si je n'arrive plus à faire preuve de créativité, ou même si j'ai mûri dans ma manière de m'habiller, mais j'ai besoin de confort avant tout, et de simplicité. On oublie qu'il faut adapter le corps aux vêtements, et non les vêtements au corps. On a tendance à se surcharger et s'emballer dans du joli papier cadeau superflu. Juste pour l'apparence, juste pour faire joli. Ainsi l'inconfort semble normal, on s'y habitue, on l'oubli. Mais il est là, malgré tout. On ne le voit pas, lui.

Je suis d'ailleurs en train de faire un tri énorme dans mon dressing. Je ne garde que mes pièces favorites, chinées pour la plupart. J'ai vendu le reste; les chaussures aux talons trop hauts qui me scient les pieds, les habits trop synthétiques qui démangent. J'ai fais mon dernier shopping chez Emmaüs. Le dernier des dernier - avant très longtemps, du moins; j'ai décidé d'épurer, de faire le point, et de me contenter de ce que j'ai. Parce que j'en ai déjà pas mal et que je n'ai absolument plus besoin de me renouveler, puisque je pense avoir finalement trouvé le style qu'il me faut.

Êtes-vous toujours à la recherche de votre style ?



I need simplicity.

When I look back up to my first outfits, I notice how much things have changed. Before, I had the huge need to show creative looks, made with details and originality, and that was a way too much. I didn't feel so comfortable in what I wore. I was searching my own style and I needed to express myself.
Today, I don't know if it's because of the heat which forces us to adopt a certain minimalism, or if I loose all my sense for being creative, or even if I grew up and became more mature in my way to dress up, but I need comfort before all, and simplicity. We forget that we have to adapt our body to the clothes, and not the clothes to our body. We tend to overload ourselves and to wrap up in a superfluous gift wrap. Only for the appearance, only to look pretty. Then the discomfort become normal, we got used, we forgot about it. But it's still here. We don't see it.

I'm clearing up my wardrobe. I only keep my favourite pieces, mostly thrifted. I sold the rest; the shoes with too high heels which hurt my feet, the clothes too synthetic which itch. I made my last shopping in Emmaüs. The last one - before a while, at least; I've decided now to be content with what I have, because I have enough and I don't need to renew my style. Finally, I think I've found the style I want to have.

Are you still looking for your own style ?





Follow Couleur Spleen Follow Me on Pinterest

12 comments:

  1. I came to the same conclusion a few weeks ago, after realising how great I feel in simple clothing and minimalist looks. After starting with my blog I did the same thing with my outfits, trying hard to look cool and different which in the end made me start hating my closet. So I took a break from outfit post and concentrated mainly on my photography while I was figuring out my personal style again.
    All that time I was dressing very simple without thinking about it and it felt great. Now I love working on my blog even more :) Also, I started selling some of my clothes as well because I don't wear or even like half of the things I own.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think a lot of "fashion" bloggers encounter the same problem. Sometimes I notice, in some blogs I follow, that the style they had at the begining was much more original. As you said, when we start a blog, our main point is to look very different and original, but it's hard to keep up a "too-researched" style.
      Haha, yeah, but it's still hard to decide to sell clothes that you don't wear anymore, but that you still like !

      Delete
  2. Ta tenue et tes photos sont vraiment magnifiques, j'adore l'ambiance qui s'en dégage!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tu as un visage de folie j'adore!
    et une jolie tenue :)

    Http://Fashioneiric.blogspot.com

    Coline ♡

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Merci Coline, tes commentaires me font toujours énormément plaisir ! :-)

      Delete
  4. Ahah ! J'étais justement en train de préparer un article sur ce thème : le look définitif.
    Moi c'est robes et short - j'ai fini par me résoudre au fait que je ressemble à un petit
    pot en pantalon x)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Un petit pot ! C'est original ;-)
      Je crois qu'au contraire, j'ai un souci avec les robes. À chaque fois que j'en met une, je trouve que ça ne me va absolument pas. Peut-être faut-il réussir à adopter un regard différent sur soi-même !

      Delete
  5. I used to wear loads of jewellery and too many things, now I much prefer something simpler. I'm still slightly evolving in style, getting closer to it I think compared to before. I'm also selling and swapping lots of things, I'm no longer going to try to wear heels that are too high or skirts that are too short, I'm clearing up and cleaning out all the time and if there is something I don't like anymore, I swap it instead

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is always one moment of our life where we need to refocus ourselves. And, strangely, most of the time it comes from making a big selection in our closet - maybe because clothes are the first things people sees on us. The most important is to feel comfortable, and I think your style is even better when you understood that it's not necessary to be "too-much".

      Delete
  6. Couldn't agree more with you. You are so great at putting my thoughts into words, haha. You have such a great way of writing. I have *way* too many shoes that are too high/uncomfortable that I don't wear other than on my blog - that's silly, I think, because it doesn't reflect what I actually wear "in real life", day to day. I am giving lots of my clothing away to charity stores and people I know, because I really don't need it all either.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much. I'm always afraid about my english translation, so I'm glad you can really understand what I mean :-D
      Exactly ! I have the same problem; there are things I wear on my blog that I never wear in reality... and as you say, it's a pity because our blog should reflect what we are in real life.
      It's a good action to give clothes, and it makes other people happy - and you too !

      Delete

Thanks for your comment ! Check back if you're looking for a reply.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...